Thursday, October 16, 2008

126




Wednesday, October 8, 2008, Beaver Pond Campground, New York
This morning we woke up and cleaned out the van because we had to take the bench seat out to fit the tandem in. The van was a complete mess so it took a couple hours to do it right. Finally we were in New York and at a bike store where the guy tightened up my bottom bracket and charged me only $5. I can't fix it myself without special tools I don't have. Anyway, it gave me peace of mind knowing it was done. We parked the car in an all-day parking garage for only $15, not bad, and walked to Central Park to see the Balto statue. New York seemed like a nice place to visit, so we decided to bite the bullet and come again tomorrow using an all-day subway pass to see the sights. We stopped at Sam's Club and bought pizzas for dinner.

No comments: