Tuesday, October 28, 2008

138



Monday, October 20, 2008, The Allen's house, Indiana
We awoke to steamy wet windows as usual. There was a beautiful sunrise to start the day though and the drive was nice. Today we planned to see my cousin Isaac and his fiancee before heading to my cousin Joanna's house to spend the night with her family. We hadn't taken a shower or shaved in quite some time and I for one had been getting funny looks whenever I went to buy something at the gas station, like I just walked over from under the bridge. So I decided to try to take a shower before we arrived in Indiana. I called up a local YMCA in Cincinnati and explained the situation, and the director said we could come there and take showers, no problem. Great! So we found the place and I went in first to check it out. I met the director, a real nice lady, who came out and personally invited the rest of the reluctant family to take showers. She also gave me a card entitling us to use any YMCA in the country as guests while we were traveling. So nice. After showering and feeling 100% better, we all went to the biggest library I have ever been in, the Cincinnati Library, three stories high with one of the best genealogy research collections in the country. I updated the blog a little and we stayed a few hours before making our way to MacDonald's, against my will because we were scheduled to rendezvous with Isaac to eat a milkshake or something and then Joanna was expecting us to eat dinner a couple hours later. But I was overruled and the majority won and we ended up eating there first. Later we met up with Isaac in Clarksville, Indiana, at a Steak and Shake restaurant. We met Teneille (sp?), Isaac's fiance. It was great to see them and talk, even for only an hour or so. Then it was off to Joanna's. She had a big meal waiting for us, as usual. Delicious. Joanna is such a good hostess. Everyone enjoyed each other's company for awhile before going to bed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice blog you have here...I wonder if you like bike then you must like bike games...you can play bike games at this site Bike Games. Also, you can play more game sites at Online Games, Kissing Games , Car Games, Driving Games, Truck Games, Dress Up Games, Games for Girls, Addicting Games and Girl Games.