Thursday, July 17, 2008

40

Monday, July 14, 2008, Hanksville Campground, Utah
Last night the wind started howling and I feared it would rain and I’d have to get up and pack everything left out in the van and endure a wet night with rain dripping and seeping into the tent. Fortunately it only blew but didn’t rain like always. I woke up first so I got up and took a hike-nice places- then I went to the van to update this journal. For help to jog my memory, I read Becky’s entries. Boy, was it interesting. Hers is way better than mine. Much more interesting. She should be writing the blog. I hope they don’t lose their journals; they’re priceless. Everyone else slept in. Finally we got things packed up. There wasn’t much to eat so we’ll have to buy more food in Hanksville. I’ll continue later…
After eating, cleaning and Bible time, it was about 11 am when we left. The weather the entire trip has been very favorable overall for us. Usually there has been some cloud cover in the afternoons to keep the temperature down. Although we’ve had our moments, there really hasn’t been terribly hot days that we’ve had to endure. On the ride to Hanksville, we stopped a lot-Subway sandwiches, petroglyphs, Natural Bridge Hike, and rest stops. For that reason we didn’t arrive in Hanksville until around 8 pm. Luckily, the only store stayed open till 9:00. The prices were high so we bought the usual low cost food- Top Ramen, bread, yogurt, drinks, and the cheapest fruit available. Then we went to the campground for $19.00 which had nice showers and a Laundromat, which we all utilized. We ate Top Ramen and the rest of the big catch of fish before going to bed. 64 miles.

No comments: