Monday, July 21, 2008

46

Sunday, July 20, 2008, Cozy Comfort RV Park, Dolores, Colorado
We slept in till 9:00, then got ready ot go to First Baptist Church in Cortez. The church there is breaking away from the American Baptist Church association because of the association's tolerance of the gay life style and its departure from biblical authority, so they are taking a stand for what's right. Sarah was sick, so after the service, we drove to the hospital and it turns out she has strep throat. We filled the prescription of antibiotics and then decided to splurge and go to a Chinese buffet. The selection was small, but the food was good. I methodically packed it in, plate after plate of main dishes followed by plates of fruit and desserts. By 3:30 we were done. It's now 10:15 pm and I'm still satisfied. After the meal, I was extremely sleepy, so as soon as we arrived back at the tent, I took a nice 2 ½ hour nap, which was just as wonderful as the meal, just what the doctor ordered. The younger ones, except Sarah, went fishing again tonight, but Willie was the only one who caught anything, a small bass. Oh, I forgot, Paul caught a small green water snake too.

6 comments:

Phil & Nona said...

Congratulations on making it to Colorado!! Hope Sarah is OK. Tell all your kids our Bulldog Sophie, can't wait to see them!!!!

M & J said...

Bill, You need to give us the zip code for the post office you want mail sent to. Pueblo has 8 zip codes. Can't send somethng "general delivery" to Pueblo without a zip code. Tk's Mike

BetterThanCandy said...

Que se mejore Sarita!!! I have read all posts! Lisa sat and read many with me just now. Thanks for sharing your experience with us! I am trying to get $100 for the bike trailer. I got an offer of $50 and told them it was not enough. They came back today and offerred $70. Do you want to accept that or should I name a higher amount? Then, how can I get the money to you? We are using the bikes daily and enjoying them very much! Are you going to the Focus on the Family headquarters? I'm sure they'd love to meet you! Proud to know you, Joe. PS, Lisa says HI to Paul and all.

BetterThanCandy said...

My email address is j.mccroskey@sbcglobal.net. What is yours? Joe

Salinas Family said...

Greetings Fox Family,Wow what a ride!We enjoy reading your blogs please continue them.We are praying for little Sarah,we pray that you will all stay healthy.Edward is envious of all your fishing opportunities(he loves to fish)Blessings.Edward,Maribell and Eric

Chavez Family said...

Hello family! We have been keeping up with your journal and are glad to see that you are doing well. Please tell Sarah that we hope she is feeling better soon!
- Shelley
Hi John,
I hope you are having a good time. I hope you come home soon. I would like to take you to the water park in Morgan Hill. Maybe we could get some pizza after. Call me when you want to. I'll be home.
Your friend,
Richard