Friday, August 1, 2008

56





Wednesday, July 30, 2008, (my birthday), Reynolds’ house, Denver, Colorado
I got up at 8:30 after a nice, restful, and therapeutic sleep. Sarah had already gotten up and was out walking their dog, Angel, with Susan. John was up and we ate cereal and blueberries (I’d forgotten how delicious blueberries in cereal were). By 9:30 all were up, and Susan made French toast. Such a hostess! After eating, I was relaxing on the swing on the back porch gazing out at the Rockies, and two hours later I woke up. Then we all went to John’s school where he is principal and had a tour. He wanted us to surprise his secretary by saying we wanted to enroll all seven in the small Christian school as this would be a significant increase in the enrollment. We did and she reacted as expected, happy and excited; then John let her in on the gag. Later, Emily, Haley, and our family went tubing down a river in Boulder. What fun. Unfortunately, I didn’t have my bathing suit, but everyone else did and had a good (and cold) time. On the way back, we stopped at Costco (our first one since Carson City, Nevada) to stock up on biking food. Once home, everyone relaxed and snacked until John came home. I barbequed steaks and we had a delicious meal. After dinner they had a German chocolate cake (my favorite) for my birthday along with some presents. Later, the kids stayed out at the park until past 1:00 am playing Blind Man’s Bluff, while we stayed up talking. A great time. Again, another late night, but refreshing to the soul.

No comments: