Thursday, August 28, 2008

79





Friday, August 22, 2008, St. Charles City Park, Missouri
Sorry I have to be so abbreviated with these entries [Quite a bit actually happens each day, but I am falling behind], but I want to update our progress before too much more time passes. I will try to go back in the near future and attach pictures to these posts as soon as possible...
After exchanging goodbyes and taking pictures with Maggie, we rode the rest of the way on the Katy trail to St. Charles- the farthest point- so we traveled the entire 234 miles on the trail. It was nice because we could talk as a group the whole way and we played Password. It was almost dusk by the time we arrived there, so I asked two patrolmen where we could put up the tent for the night and they directed me to the city park pavilion area a mile or so down the road. It was pretty secluded with picnic tables but no open restrooms, so we had to make doo the best we could. We ate well and went to sleep on the grass next to the pavilion. 48 miles.

No comments: