Sunday, August 31, 2008

86




Friday, August 29, 2008, Uncle Paul's house, Salem, Indiana
Today we went to see Aunt Martha, my dad's sister, in Louisville, Kentucky. I used to spend summers there since I was 10 years old until after graduating from college, so it was a summer home away from home. Almost nothing in the house had changed. The trees were bigger and the house was more run down but the furniture was all the same, so it was like stepping into a time machine and returning to the 70s when I walked through the door. Aunt Martha was older and thinner and she needs cataract surgery, but she was cheerful and happy to see us. We went for lunch at Bob Evans then returned to her house for a couple of hours. Great to see her. Next, we drove to see my cousin Nona and her husband Phil and their prize-winning bulldog, Sophie. After playing pinball and getting a dog show demonstration, we all rendezvoused with my other cousins, Danny and Joanna and their families at Cici's, an all-you-can-eat pizza parlor. It was great to see everyone again and fill up on delicious pizza. We made plans to have a picnic at the park on Labor Day.

No comments: