Saturday, September 20, 2008

102





Sunday, September 14, 2008, Bonheim's house, Lynchburg, Virginia
We woke up to delicious homemade waffles with maple syrup that Brenda Bonheim had made. Nice way to start off the day. At church, I saw Jesse Castro and family, Pat Sole and family, Dan Wilson, Doug Aires, and a few others I remembered. I also saw Jonathon Falwell preach. When I left Liberty in '81, I remember him as a goof-off high schooler; now he's the main pastor of a great congregation. Like his father, he put out the call for action on the part of believers, to DO something with your faith, put it in to practice in a practical way, not just sit comfortably in your belief. Good message. Afterwards, all of us old-timers went out to eat together. It was great to spend a little time together. I will go to Liberty tomorrow and submit an application to Dr. Rist, who is a friend of Coach Bonheim and influential in hiring; you never know. After eating, we went to Jesse and Beth's house to spend the evening with them. What a great family! All are homeschooled and are so friendly. We had a good time talking and reminiscing, and the kids playing. We ate barbecued hot dogs and Jesse lent me some nice clothes to wear to my meeting with Dr. Rist at Liberty tomorrow. I hope we can see more of each other.

No comments: