Tuesday, September 9, 2008

97

Tuesday, September 9, 2008, city park, Rainelle, West Virginia
Well, at about 3:30 am I woke up to the distant thunder of an approaching storm. Gloria and I dug out the tarps and set them over the tent just before the downpour started. We placed towells in strategic places throughout the tent floor because the two tarps we have don't entirely protect the tent from a side wind. We made it through the night with only a few of the sleeping bags getting partially wet. Since I knew we wouldn't be riding through the rain, we all slept in, something everyone appreciated. After eating and hanging the wet items on the picnic tables to dry under the pavilion, we packed up and headed to the library, where I am right now, updating the blog. It takes a while when I haven't posted anything for a week.
To be continued...
At night I started feeling tired, like I was coming down with something, so I ate some soup and went to bed early.

No comments: