Saturday, September 20, 2008

103




Monday, September 15, 2008, Bonheims' house, Lynchburg, Virginia
Today the whole family got up early and went on an official tour of the Liberty campus, hosted by the recruiting department. It was thorough, but before it ended, I had an appointment with Dr. Rist about employment possibilities. I submitted my application and talked with him awhile. Nothing definite, but maybe something will open up in the future. After the tour ended, we ended with an all-you-can-eat meal in the school cafeteria, lots of variety and delicious. I saw an old college friend, Monica Parsons, who had completed her doctorate and was teaching at Liberty. She introduced me to others in the education department. I also saw Dr. Horton, my good physiology of exercise professor who is an amazing and accomplished runner, just as chipper as I remember him, and "pretty well preserved" :) Inside joke. We stopped by and saw Jesse before leaving. It has been great returning to the school that has been such an inspiration to me and seeing many familiar people. After Liberty, we rendezvoused with Beth Castro and family at the one dollar theater for the fifty-cent family day. That's right half off for all families; all tickets for 50 cents. So we splurged and bought two giant refillable pop corns to go with it and saw The Mummy (I think). I fell asleep half way through. Not a bad deal, a nap for fifty cents. That evening when we returned to the Bonheims, she had spaghetti ready with salad and garlic bread. Ummm good. We watched an interesting football game, the Eagles and the Cowboys, a high scoring, topsy turvy, game with lots of humor and drama. In the end, the cowboys won, making Coach Bonheim happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I began today reading your blog and have stayed with it to read to here. I have decided to write you at the end but, reading here, decided, though this occurred over 5 years ago, to write and say I hope your application was successful. I truly appreciate your commitment to the Word and the centrality of Jesus in your leadership of your family. I have five children and one daughter whose husband pastors less than 30 miles from me. They have given me 6 of my 16 grandchildren. I have done short tours on recumbent trikes with up to five of them though, in my 80th year, I believe touring is over and I look forward to graduating to the New Jerusalem.

You can see some of it at crazyguyonabike.com/geneandann or on warm showers.

Gene Royal