Tuesday, September 2, 2008

90



Tuesday, September 2, 2008, KOA Campground, Clarksville, Indiana
Well, we said our goodbyes today to our loved ones in Indiana. It was sad to leave; I wish we could have stayed with everyone longer. We finally got going after eating breakfast and packing at Uncle Paul's house about 10:30 am. After a five day layoff, we were well rested, but my legs got tired anyway by the time we arrived in Clarksville. Becky's back tire lost its valve, so we had to replace her inner tube. When we arrived in Clarksville, we went to Best Buy to give them my broken camera (I have an upgraded warranty so they will fix anything short of a steam roller crushing it). They will send the repared camera to General Delivery in Yorktown, Virginia, where I am picking up my next batch of mail. Unfortunately, they would not burn DVDs for me from my video camera, so it is still full and I cannot reformat the hard drive to take more videos. I will keep trying to find someone or some place to do it. The kids went to the library while Gloria and I ran around town looking for a place that could do it. Finally it was getting late, so we were forced to go to an expensive KOA campground. We ended up spending an extra $10 ($64) to upgrade to a cabin. It had air conditioning and would be a treat. After snacking, we went to Holiday Inn where KOA had an arrangement for its clients to use the pool. The kids all swam. I took a shower and now am updating the blog. It's getting late though so I guess I'll close. 52 miles.
P.S. I added older pictures, I think from post #75 up.

8 comments:

Charlie said...

Are you coming to Maine? I have a Warmshower house Downeast not far from Bar Harbor. Come on out Wendy and I would love to host you folks.

Charlie Harrington

Bill said...

Hi Foxes. How cool to have such an adventure. I was surprised to read about you in Bike Bits because my name also is Bill Fox and I hope to ride across the Country sometime!

Bill said...

Dear Fox Family-
I live in Louisville, KY, directly across the Ohio River from where you stayed in Clarksville, IN. I wish I had seen your blog about your trip a couple days sooner and I would have loved to meet you all. Good luck on your wonderful trip. Yes you are correct- God is protecting and guiding you.
I rode my recumbent tandem (with kids) from Virginia to Oregon in 2004. I'll enjoy following your adventures. Peace and safe days.
Bill M

wally said...

Fox Family,

Beautiful blog and a wonderful story. I am anxious to see the rest as you proceed to Maine. As you said, God has been good to you on your trip. I wish I were with you as I have always wanted to take a long bike ride. I only ride for recreation and some charity rides. God be with you,
Peace, love and joy,
Grandpa Fred

Fox Family Cross Country Bike Tour said...

Hi Charlie,
Thanks for the invitation. A nice shower is always appreciated. It's nice to know we have friends in unknown places. If we can, we will make it up from Portland to see you.
Bill

Fox Family Cross Country Bike Tour said...

Hi Bill,
So we share the same name. Where are you from? I hope you can make your trip some day. It's a wonderful experience!
Bill

Fox Family Cross Country Bike Tour said...

Hi Bill.
So you toured cross country on a recumbent tandem with your kids too. Do you have a blog site? How did you like it?
Bill

Fox Family Cross Country Bike Tour said...

Hi Grandpa Fred.
Thanks for your encouragement. I hope you can take a long trip; until then, keep up your cycling.
Bill